Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Ayanna"




If you know me and your reading this you are probably wondering why I've called it Reirae and not after my own name. The truth is, I believe we all have different sides that make us a whole person and this is just one way of expressing a side whilst still having a mystery about me.
The purpose of this blog is not to tell you the correct way to think about your life, but just somewhere I can place my thoughts and share them.

The idea of this blog was actually a friend’s idea. A good friend of mine recently started feeling depressed about his job and if and when he would reach the goals he set himself. I told myself I didn't think he was depressed it was just his was of thinking...

"If you think negative, negative will happen, if you think positive, positive will happen."

Wondering whether I could help, I decided to send him a positive quote every morning before he went to work. Through doing this I wanted to help him look on the brighter side and gain a positive outlook on his future prospects and life ahead.

Another extremely close friend of mine recently went through depression. It may be hard for me to understand having not gone through it myself but I do believe in having a positive outlook on life. Through sending them both 'words of wisdom'... ReiRae was born.

REI-Japanese name that means lovely
RAE-female form of RAY that means advice and decision.

Through researching names that best suited my blog, I came across Ayanna, which means beautiful beginning. When starting something new whether it be a new relationship, a new job or moving into a new chapter in life the start of anything is viewed as scary. Why I ask myself?
If you approach a situation filled with uncertainty and doubt then nothing can ever be achieved. If you illustrate that doubt and fear then it will only reflect and people will use that to your disadvantage. I'm not saying that new things aren't different and change isn't scary, but take a step back and know that you are about to embark on something amazing, your experience is your experience and what you make of it. If you don't believe in yourself no one will, if you alone doubt yourself so will everyone. We are our greatest critics and masters and only we know how to train ourselves emotionally and mentally.

I always say and do believe that if something does happen, there must be some good in it, if that wasn’t your chosen path then embrace the new, why are we so afraid of taking new risks?? Is it because we are stuck with what we think is expected from us and what society believes is more "acceptable" or just pure anxiety of failing?
What life holds for us we cannot predict, but if there is something you want to do, then do it. My dad always says "if you want to be something, and then become something"

If your going to start something make it beautiful... make it your "Ayanna."

No comments:

Post a Comment